Mts question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my mts seem to keep my sand very clean by burrowing in it... I do regular pwc but when I get to them most poop is gone and everyone knows that u can't put the gravel vac in to far without it sucking up sand...so is it ok that the poop is not all being taken out

xfactor6699 said:
So my mts seem to keep my sand very clean by burrowing in it... I do regular pwc but when I get to them most poop is gone and everyone knows that u can't put the gravel vac in to far without it sucking up sand...so is it ok that the poop is not all being taken out

I use a toothpick on the end of my vac to stir up the poop and remove it. Works pretty good (y).

Same, also I have put a piece off an old pair of tights (pantyhose) over the end, secured with an elastic band to stop the sand being syphoned (sp? just doesn't look right lol) out. The poo seems to stick to it and I just swoosh it around in the bucket every few minutes to clean it off.

So I'll try that but will it hurt my tank so far everything is good parameter wise

Back
Top Bottom