MTS the snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't know what I did, but for some reason ton's of baby MTS are floating around. They go up the glass and then get pushed off the wall and a lot of them are just floating around. I haven't seen MTS this small before. They are alot in my Java moss as well. Just wondering should I leave them or take them out.

I always thought of these as "mystery snails", the eggs hide on plants and sometimes the net from the store. unless you dislike them for some reason there should be no reason to get rid of them. Im am almost certain if they carry anthing it cant be caught by your fish..

Don't worry about 'em. I have the same thing. Sometimes when I think there are too many, I just drop in an algae wafer at night (or even at day if your fish are small enough not to move the thing, just feed on it). Then in the morning most of them have gathered in this one position, and I just scoop 'em out with a net.

I have read most of them are livebearing, some of them are egg layers. Just a FYI.

I find them to be pretty beneficial because they root around in the substrate and keep it aerated, and I have never had a population explosion with them like I have with other types of snails.

Back
Top Bottom