Multiple Aggressive Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was wondering about Aggressive fish and how many you can put together. I currently have a 120gal tank with a 5in Red Devil and a 12in Sailfin Pleco and a 3.5 in Jack Dempsey. (the RD chases the JD from time to time)

I realize that these fish will continue to grow...am i maxed out or is there still room for maybe another aggrssive fish such as an Oscar or another Jack Dempsey

You may have room for another fish, but that devil ain't gonna allow it!! Actually, he may end up killing the dempsey and the pleco one day. Red devils just are not compatible with ANY FISH. Once matured, this animal will become a certain beast to anything and everything in it's territory.

Jack dempseys can be the same way but generally only when they are paired and ready to breed.

Oscars are one of the more milder tempered SA cichlids and most likely would be shredded by both the devil and the dempsey.

Any other ideas you'd like to question??? LOL. Cichlids are a pain in the wazoo aren't they???

Back
Top Bottom