Multiple clown pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
CAn I keep more than 1 clown Pleco in my 46 gallon aquarium? Or are they territorial?

They are extremely territorial with their own kind, especially as they grow older, and big waste producers so your tank might be a little small for more than one. You might be OK if you have lots of hiding places along the bottom and are dilligent with water changes.

aptom203 said:
They are extremely territorial with their own kind, especially as they grow older, and big waste producers so your tank might be a little small for more than one. You might be OK if you have lots of hiding places along the bottom and are dilligent with water changes.

Alright. Thanks for the info!

I have also heard that if you get them as small juveniles and they grow up in the same tank they can tolerate each other even as adults. I have a pair and they squabble a bit over algae wafers but seem to have picked separate hiding spots they're happy with.

aptom203 said:
I have also heard that if you get them as small juveniles and they grow up in the same tank they can tolerate each other even as adults. I have a pair and they squabble a bit over algae wafers but seem to have picked separate hiding spots they're happy with.

Thanks! Maybe I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom