Music for Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADsnail

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I've been playing a lot of orchestral music lately, not just classical but other types that bring in orchestras. I've noticed that the fish seem to get more lively when it's on. They pick up the pace when I turn up the volume, but that may be stress so I turn it back down. Everyone does it to one extent or another, but I've noticed the betta swishing back and forth keeping time. Or is that my imagination?

I'm guessing it's mostly vibration, but do you think fish are affected by the music we play? Have you noticed any changes when you play different types of music?

That's cool. If you think of how loud the water would be rushing past rocks an wood or going over falls and the like, it can't be too quiet for most fish in those environments. But then in some slow moving waters it could be so very different and quiet.

There have been studies regarding fish and music. I don't do very loud music or TV. So probably my fish have a pretty quiet life the majority of the time. Not counting the air bubblers or filter water rushing by.

It will be interesting if anyone has also watched and noticed a difference!

Back
Top Bottom