My 20 gallon tall freshwater community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swilly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I added 2 kribensis to my tank. They are both small - just barely under an inch right now for the bigger one. The larger of the two has a lot more color and is more aggressive. It chases the smaller Krib and the Gourami (not too much bc the gourami chases him more and is about 3 times the size of the krib).

The smaller has barely any color outside of the black stripes and orange top fin. I think the small might be female because the fins are more rounded.

Anyway I know I won't be able to sex them until 1 1/2 inch. I'm just wondering if anyone in my tank will get too stressed by the more aggressive Krib. Or possibly get stressed himself.

The rasbora swim around a lot (the rummy nose with them) and count 7 with the rummy. Every now and then the larger Krib will chase one of these group but for the most part they are just swimming around like morons...lol.

The Gourami has changed since the kribs came - I think its a boy. He chases the big krib - ignores the rest of the fish - and now he's showing a lot more color too.

The larger of the two glass catfish sits under the floating plants and chases away anyone who swims under it. (just started doing this right before I got the kribs - so about 2 weeks ago) the smaller one just chills in the corner.

All I'm curious about is whether the dynamics of my tank may be stressing anyone out.

Back
Top Bottom