My 3 fine gentlemen(?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
So if anyone remembers back in November I ordered about 20 angle fish and all but 3 disappeared. Assuming they were eaten...since they were never found.

These are my 3 survivors and it looks like 3 males so this will be interesting. The smallest one has a little deformity on its dorsal fin, it’s not being nipped or bullies yet it has always had a deep ridge there!

Hope you all like them and if you can confirm they are not all males please let me know! IMG_0466.jpg

So if anyone remembers back in November I ordered about 20 angle fish and all but 3 disappeared. Assuming they were eaten...since they were never found.

These are my 3 survivors and it looks like 3 males so this will be interesting. The smallest one has a little deformity on its dorsal fin, it’s not being nipped or bullies yet it has always had a deep ridge there!

Hope you all like them and if you can confirm they are not all males please let me know! View attachment 310446
They are gorgeous but i wonder when you said eaten what fish can eat an angel? You kept them with some monster fish?

Lol that’s the mystery, they came very small and slow, after 2 weeks of QT they went into the 110g with 3 dojo loaches, 6 Corys, 8, ottos and about 16 rummy noses.

I went to visit family for turkey day and when I can back everyone was missing! I cleared out the filter, checked the lines did a big water change looking for them and they were no where on the floor. The only thing I could think of is the person, who’s not a fish guy and I visit daily, stole them all or the loaches munched on them when they were young and slow!

Only sure way to sex angels is to see their breeding tubes . Most other guesses will be just that ,guesses...
I am not a super angel fan but those are good looking fish !

Thank you!

Is that your nice way of saying looking for their external penis?

Haha yes I have been looking at it recently but it’s hard to tell the difference I’m not sure if it’s because it’s he same or they are not fully mature yet. I’ll keep an eye on it for sure though

Is that your nice way of saying looking for their external penis?

Most species of fish do not have what would technically constitute as a "penis". Most fish fertilization occurs externally.

In angelfish, males and females both have genital papilla or "breeding tubes".
The female will develop a breeding tube when she is ready to lay eggs. The female tube is usually larger and rounder.

Back
Top Bottom