Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-30-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

My 55-60 gallon tank is going to be changed.

Hello, my tank is going to be changed. I currently have some convicts, a male p.demasoni, 2 giant danios and a senegal bichir. The convicts are becoming too aggressive to my senegal bichir and I am getting tired of them so now I want to get rid of them and start my tank from scratch, just keeping my senegal bichir. Can anyone help me with stocking this tank. I don't really mind the giant danios, cause they aren't making the fish in there right now go crazy/ or kill them like they did in my other tank, and give the tank a lot of movement and activity since they honestly never stop moving, but I have to get rid of them to put other new fish in there I will. Also, I have a p.demasoni male in there. I don't know if my father wants to get rid of him because he almost killed the female in my other tank, but he is super calm in this tank, cause he knows he can't mess with the convicts ( and what fish would) and the giant danios are way to fast and bothersome to even give them any attention. I personally don't think I want to get rid of him cause he looks very nice, but again if I really have to I will. Anyways, the only fish that will never leave this tank is the senegal bichir. Now I am asking you guys if you can give me any advice on how to stock this tank. Pretty much I just want some nice colorful, lively fish, that will make the tank both aesthetically beautiful but still have lots of personality and won't bother other fish and most of all that they are not going to bother my amazing senegal bichir. Thank you for all your posts and help in advance.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster
I'm not sure if the paramaters mathc, but Rainbows could be a good choice here. They are colorful and lively, and porbably to large to become snacks.

https://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
----------
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW
--------

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Psyhampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

What type of rainbows should i get?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I'd get boesemanis. They are stunning when full grown. Do not be put off by the dull silver color they will likely have when you get them - usually they are juveniles and in your care they will soon color up. They are the fish that stop traffic in my 55 when people come over. You could get 5 or 6 - they are pretty beefy when mature.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I c, are there any others? Severums would be cool, but they get way too big and can some times be very aggressive.

Tags
60 gallon, changed, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com