My 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chiefs101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just approved a few days ago for getting a bigger tank. So i started to relook my fish over that i wanted. I was wandering if this would work capatability wise and space.

1 polka dot pimelodella, 5 tiger barbs, 1 firemouth cichlid, 2 convict cichlid,1 redtail shark, and 6 rosy barbs.

I would let the barbs get bigger before i put most of the other fish in.

Hi chiefs. I think space wise you're fine but I don't think the cichlids are a good mix with the tiger barbs. JMO

FWIW, I'm running an african cichlid tank with adult tiger barbs (barbs were in there first, tank was transisitoned to cichlids).

but my cichlids aren't nearly as aggressive or get as large as what you're planning.

I keep a school of 8 tiger barbs with a severum, firemouth, and convict. I've never had any problems between the barbs and the cichlids. They really don't pay any attention to each other. The only problem I see in your setup is that you probably shouldn't keep 2 convicts together. If you keep 2 of the same sex they are almost guaranteed to not get along, but 2 of the opposite sex will breed like rabbits and the pair will take over the tank. From what I understand, they are VERY aggressive when spawning. :roll: I would suggest only keeping one convict, and would recommend getting a female because they are more colorful and much prettier IMO. HTH :)

So instead of having 2 convicts could i have 1 and in place of the other convict put a 2 female Golden Julie(Julidochromis ornatus )

I am a member of another forum and i posted something similar to this thread. So through these two forums and my likings i came to this 3 rainbow cichlid,1 red tail shark,2 keyhole cichlids, 5 tiger barbs, and 6 silver dollars. Any comments?

i would also like to add a Brasiliensis Cichlid. Would that work? sorry i no this gets annoying

Back
Top Bottom