my 55g is getting there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nibor

Aquarium Advice Regular
so far, I have

5 mollies- 1m, 4f
4 platys- 2m, 2f
7 neons
3 black neons -had 6, but 3 died :(
2 corys
1 m betta
1f betta
3 zebra danios
1 red tail shark
1 rubber lip pelco
1 mystery snail
8 ghost shrimp
1 Red cherry shrimp -- had 3, 2 died. :(

I think that is everyone.

So what more could I add? I know I need at least 3 each more of the danos and black neons. Everyone seems happy, healthy, and they all play nicely together. I still have my 29 gal that I re-home any trouble makers to.

I want a gourami, but hear mixed things about them.

Discus? Are they really that difficult? can they go with what I have?

Any other ideas? I am looking for a nice variety of shape, color, and sizes.

Need more cory's for them to be happy. Possibly more danio's as well. Your platy's need a higher female to male ratio otherwise I believe the males will stress the female trying to breed with her. Mollies prefer brackish water. Not sure if the Beta's should be in this tank at all. Not trying to be negative, just trying to help. I went through all this before too :)

Discus need pretty advanced care takers. Young ones need daily 50% water changes, so they take a lot of dedication! And they are social fish, so it'd be better to get a group; but with the stock you have you won't be able to. I'd go with just a discus tank in the future if you're interested. :)

All bettas have different personalities. I have one male betta with 3 other females in my 55; they all get along just fine. :) with all that room they don't run into each other much, so no trouble there!

Same with the platys, or at least mine.. I have 3 red ones and two ended up being male. With so much space I don't see them around each other much. Been there for one month and my female has only been chased two times by the male that I've seen; and she's never been pregnant yet, so that helps my theory.

Not sure what more room you may have, so I'm sure others will pitch in.

I believe discus also need a really warm water temperature. Not sure how the other fish would handle the higher temperatures. I could be wrong tho.

Back
Top Bottom