My brand new betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I saw him at the lfs and absolutely had to have him. Here he is in his new 10g home which I am going to turn into a heavily planted tank with RCS as soon as I get the parts to build a LED light for it.

75748-albums12252-picture56350.jpg

75748-albums12252-picture56351.jpg

Well I saw him at the lfs and absolutely had to have him. Here he is in his new 10g home which I am going to turn into a heavily planted tank with RCS as soon as I get the parts to build a LED light for it.

What a gorgeous fish!

I had the same problem but I managed to leave the store. I went back 15 minutes later & bought him anyway! This is mine. Sorry for the bad pic but he won't sit still.

image-2736495475.jpg

Not bad. But I'd test his tolerance of shrimp with some cheaper ghost shrimp. If it's all good, then go and add the RCS. I have a male betta and he cleaned out my blueberry shrimp. At $10 a head, I wasn't happy!! I actually watched him run them out of the dw and then eat them when they were out in the open.

Wow. Another beautiful betta. Mine under normal light is more blue than the teal that showed up in the pic. Still having a hard time getting good pics with my camera. Now I just can't wait to fill the tank with plants give him some nice cover to lay around on since mine has proven to be a really lazy fish :)

Not bad. But I'd test his tolerance of shrimp with some cheaper ghost shrimp. If it's all good, then go and add the RCS. I have a male betta and he cleaned out my blueberry shrimp. At $10 a head, I wasn't happy!! I actually watched him run them out of the dw and then eat them when they were out in the open.

I have my RCS in a seperate tank so they can breed. I'm honestly not too worried about my betta catching shrimp since his fin is soo large he can't swim very quickly. I'm going to end up putting tons of plants in there as well so there should be plenty of cover.

My last betta was in this tank & ignored the shrimp for months until I added 2 orange amano shrimp. He ate them & then he started eying up all my other shrimp. I rehomed him but decided to try again with a smaller one. The tank is quite boring without a betta so I guess fingers crossed!

image-492260392.jpg

Close up of my last one

image-2262679194.jpg

He's beautiful! His color is really nice:)

Back
Top Bottom