My Corys are...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QTOFFER

Aquarium Advice Addict
farting!8O

No, really, I'm serious!:D

I was watching my corydoras closely this evening and I distinctly saw a series of airbubbles rising from its posterior end :oops: - not from the gills or the mouth. The fish had just done a quick dash across the tank, so I don't think it was air trapped under the scales.

I know that corys can absorb oxygen from its gut and mine make occasional trips to the surface. Maybe this is how the fish eliminates gulped air LOL.

Or maybe I should start adding Beano at every water change. :lol:

Yup, that's correct, corydoras can ingest air from their intestine and release the CO2 by their anus.

Hahaha so do my angelfish. Every once in a while I catch em letting one go LOL

there was stuff in the newspapers here in the uk a couple of months ago about new research that shows fish do fart & schools of fish use it as a form of communication 8O 8O !!!! i'll have a look on the net & see if i can find anything on it for you. can you imagine as that as the topic of your research for your phd??? imagine telling people about it :oops: ??!!!

" Yes? My field of research? Why its fish farting of course. Gotta put those six years of college to good use you know! ho ho ho ho ho ! " :lol:

Back
Top Bottom