My cray commited suicide :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottVinVA

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home to find what looked like a BIG ass roach (2" by 1" round) in my Fluval bin (a clear bin my filter resides in for safty sake).

I looked in there and was like UHG! WHAT IS THAT?! Then looked again and was like WHAT?! OMG *beep*! Looked at my tank like I was going to see another one in there lol.

So, I went to touch him to see if he might have been still alive. He didnt movie but he gave me the heebee geevies. I have never touched him before, I tried but he scared the CRAP outta me and I jumped and wacked my elbow on the top of my tank. lol scared all teh other fish out too.

He shed his shell twice already and cut up every damn plant in my tank and I think even ate my pleco! So...I really am sad to see him go still. I think it is best I don't replace him.

So sad :(

Picture of "Jitter Bug" (cause he wigs me out)
http://veirs.org/photos/fish/2.5in_crawfish.jpg

Early picture (after his first shed) and while I still had plants.
I will be replacing the plants though.

[/url]

Sorry for your loss.

Also, your post was edited to conform to AA's UA. Please do not try to get around the profanity filter. Thanks. :wink:

sdveirs said:
He shed his shell twice already and cut up every darn plant in my tank and I think even ate my pleco! So...I really am sad to see him go still. I think it is best I don't replace him.

[/url]

That little guy ate your pleco? Your probably better off without him, if its any consolation.

mmmm... some crab boil, corn, potatoes, lots of cold beer and 15lbs of his closest friends and family....

In addition to having an appetite for plants and fish, crays are also escape artists. Sorry you lost yours this way.

I agree that you shouldn't get another cray for this tank. Perhaps you could set up a 5 or 10 gal crayfish-only tank in Jitter Bug's memory. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom