My Danios are always chasing bubbles. Obsessed with it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish24907

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few of my Danis are always chasing around the bubbles (a result of my filters outtake) in my tank .

Now, I've been thinking about what's really going on. It's either:

1. A good thing. My fish are playing around in the bubbles like little kids at Chuck E Cheese.

2. A bad thing. My fish think the bubbles are food and are getting teased (imagine chasing around a bunch of rib eye steaks only to have them disappear every time you try touch them, LOL).

Have any of you seen your fish do this? What do you think it is? The fish playing or getting teased?

I really wish I could just ask my fish, LOL. Or I wish my fish turned a different color when they were happy and when they were frustrated/sad. What's a fish owner to do in my situation? :banghead:

Fish24907 said:
A few of my Danis are always chasing around the bubbles (a result of my filters outtake) in my tank .

Now, I've been thinking about what's really going on. It's either:

1. A good thing. My fish are playing around in the bubbles like little kids at Chuck E Cheese.

2. A bad thing. My fish think the bubbles are food and are getting teased (imagine chasing around a bunch of rib eye steaks only to have them disappear every time you try touch them, LOL).

Have any of you seen your fish do this? What do you think it is? The fish playing or getting teased?

I really wish I could just ask my fish, LOL. Or I wish my fish turned a different color when they were happy and when they were frustrated/sad. What's a fish owner to do in my situation? :banghead:

I'm sure this isn't a problem, just playing around as danios usually do. They're full of energy.

If they're still eating real food, you shouldn't worry.

Back
Top Bottom