My deformed swordtail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to pets at home a few weeks ago, it's the type of pet shop that you see sick fish constantly and they either don't know they're sick or don't care, with the odd dead one floating about. I don't usually buy fish from there for those reasons, but I was having a look at the swordtails, and noticed a little female that had a deformed mouth, it's basically permanently open, she looks constantly surprised, I asked them if they knew about her and they were shocked to see her after I'd pointed her out - I decided to bring her home thinking she would have a better chance in my tank so they gave her to me for free. She was very very thin and I fed her separately for a bit worrying she might find it hard to compete at the daily feeding frenzy, and over the last month I'm so pleased with her progress. I no longer feed her separately, and she is just as active and eats just as well as all the others. This photo I took on the day I bought her home:

image-148567787.jpg

And today:

image-3855907377.jpg

image-3728069317.jpg

image-2727366958.jpg

I don't know whether anyone can tell the difference, but she has filled out a bit, and she's brighter as well.
Very very happy with the progress she has made. By the way, her name is "nonny" :)

Back
Top Bottom