My dojo's are crayfish killers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of behavior from dojo loaches?
I have 3 golden dojo's in a 55gal along with 2 veiltail goldfish. This is the second time I've tried to intro rusty crays to this tank. The first one was 2" long and lasted 3 days. The second one was almost 3" and looked fairly intimidating (not to the dojos tho).
I named my guys Larry, Curly and Moe cuz they're so comical! They've always been ok around my other fish so i was suprised to see they have a dark side. Anyone else experience something similar with their dojos?

I just googled it and apparently, you're not alone. Everyone who has tried has failed miserably. Did you research it before you did it?

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, though.

I did research the compatability of dojos with other fish species but not inverts. Usually I'm more thorough than this. I guess I'm slippin. Lol

If you want to keep inverts it's simply best to have a separate tank. Even the biggest and baddest crayfish are vulnerable when they molt, and can easily be picked to pieces by small fish before their new shell hardens.

Back
Top Bottom