My English Garden Themed Planted Tank. Need Your Suggestions Please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my bonsai driftwood arrived. This is what I ordered

IMG-20171108-WA0029.jpg

This is what I received. Slightly different from picture advertised but not bad.

IMG-20171108-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20171108-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20171108-WA0027.jpg

It was very well packed by bonsai driftwood store and arrived perfectly fine in a nice reasonable size box with a lot of cushion inside.

I hope to make a nice tree out of it. For now putting in water to soak for three four days.

I didn't know that Bonsai driftwood even was available. It will look great in your tank.

I didn't know that Bonsai driftwood even was available. It will look great in your tank.
Thanks. They have amazing collection. 4 inch to 12 inch tall and some designs are breathtakingly beautiful specially the large ones. I didn't know myself such a thing exists until Autumn told me. I am very thankful to you Ma'am.

If it's not too late to throw in my two cents, a proper English garden should have a sundial or a birdbath and lots of rose bushes. Not sure how you'd find those decorations or make them, using safe materials. Maybe the birdbath/sundial pedestal could have a cutout hiding place for the fish. I'm sure you could get creative with figuring it out. You could also put an image of an English manner house behind the back glass. I'm thinking Downton Abbey...
Your tank is very lush and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

If it's not too late to throw in my two cents, a proper English garden should have a sundial or a birdbath and lots of rose bushes. Not sure how you'd find those decorations or make them, using safe materials. Maybe the birdbath/sundial pedestal could have a cutout hiding place for the fish. I'm sure you could get creative with figuring it out. You could also put an image of an English manner house behind the back glass. I'm thinking Downton Abbey...
Your tank is very lush and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will try to do some changes but its a nano tank so difficult to apply to many things. Thanks a lot for liking my tank.

Ok so today I tried to made the tree. I never made or did any plant project before so I messed up badly. At first I was very happy because tree was looking beautiful.

IMG-20171111-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20171111-WA0018.jpg

However I made one big blunder. I had glue poured on Moss too which I didn't notice but when I put the tree in tank all places where glue was became white patches. I looked closely and its dried glue.

IMG-20171111-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20171111-WA0016.jpg

I really don't want to do everything from scratch again. So it is possible to fix it? I mean will the Moss grow and may cover these patches or if I need to do something? Please reply

A video of tank:
https://youtu.be/M8r3FtoE6cY

Not that big of a deal, time will help. You can trim out glue spots over time, or likely to just wait and it will grow over the glue spots. That is pretty good.

If it bothers you too much change it, otherwise it WILL grow for you. I will watch the video soon.

Not that big of a deal, time will help. You can trim out glue spots over time, or likely to just wait and it will grow over the glue spots. That is pretty good.

If it bothers you too much change it, otherwise it WILL grow for you. I will watch the video soon.
Thanks a lot. Its a relief to hear this. I don't mind waiting even though Christmas Moss is very slow grower. My concern was if it would grow or will stun because of glue but I hope as you said it will grow and hide the problematic areas. And it was my first try but I was very pleased with the end result in hand until I dipped in water [emoji1]

The parts that have glue on them may or may not be able to grow through it but it will break up some o er time and the rest will grow below and around it.

Agreed, it's not a big deal. Christmas moss grows pretty quick and it'll either grow around the glued spots or they can be cut off.

The parts that have glue on them may or may not be able to grow through it but it will break up some o er time and the rest will grow below and around it.

Agreed, it's not a big deal. Christmas moss grows pretty quick and it'll either grow around the glued spots or they can be cut off.
Thanks a lot. It is now looking more bad. So if I cut the affected areas will the Moss cover that? Sorry for asking again and again. Just wanna make sure. Thanks.

Wow your tank looks amazing, the tree looks great and the whole aqua scale is stunning! Very well done, I want to start aquascaping hopefully next year and if my first one looks half as good as yours I will be very happy! Have you though about pee puffers as fish for the tank? They are very cute but will eat your shrimp

Wow your tank looks amazing, the tree looks great and the whole aqua scale is stunning! Very well done, I want to start aquascaping hopefully next year and if my first one looks half as good as yours I will be very happy! Have you though about pee puffers as fish for the tank? They are very cute but will eat your shrimp
Thanks a lot for the compliment. I didn't design this tank but so far what I read is that with little effort and proper fertilizers its not difficult. Most important thing is that my plants are not sensitive or demanding. They are not co2 demanding and also not very sensitive. My carpet is Monte Carlo which is a great choice and substitute to HC Cuba which is a very high demanding carpet. Montecarlo is easy to grow and can be grown in even existing tank if you have the substrate already in. Thanks once again for liking. Pea puff are very beautiful but they will kill my snails and shrimps.
It will take a little time for it to grow back of course, and you can always add a chunk over the top but with a light touch with the glue.
Thanks a lot. I will do something soon.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will try to do some changes but its a nano tank so difficult to apply to many things. Thanks a lot for liking my tank.
Since I'm really new to fish keeping and aquariums, I am still not entirely sure what the term nano tank means. Does it mean small? Or a non-traditional shape? Anyway, I would love to have a tank like this, and I love the tree!

Since I'm really new to fish keeping and aquariums, I am still not entirely sure what the term nano tank means. Does it mean small? Or a non-traditional shape? Anyway, I would love to have a tank like this, and I love the tree!

Small tanks generally less than 5 gallons.

My tank is 6 gallon but I call it nano because its very small.

Back
Top Bottom