My experience with ATM Colony and staff.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
day 10 of fish in cycle with ATM COLONY

Today marks a great day for me and my fish; 13 cardinal tetras and 2 golden rams.

Ammonia is 0
Nitrites is less than .25
Nitrates is 5-10

I suspect within the next 24 hours for my cycle to be complete! Woohoo!!

For those who don't know my tank is a 75g heavily planted setup and my pH is around 6.6

That ph is hovering dangerously close to a bb crash I believe.. Could you add some crushed coral to get it around 7?

Rams like low pH. I been maintaining the same pH the whole time. Again no of fence but I will leave it at is for now.

Rams like low pH. I been maintaining the same pH the whole time. Again no of fence but I will leave it at is for now.
thats cool, yunite breeds rams at a ph of 7.5, a ph of 7 would still be ideal for rams while ensuring the growth and stability of your bb population. Again forgive me as I was not born with the answer sheet... Just a sucker for research;)

day 10

cycle is complete!! 0,0,5-10 nitrates

atm colony made my cycle safe and easy, that is the bottom line.

my rams are just about to spawn again too!! woohoo!

This is a forum, we discuss, you shouldn't be offended by suggestions:) all people want is the best for the fish and give you info maybe you had not took into consideration (some people do bash but not the majority).. Happy your cycle worked so well (it looks great!)! But, I come the the same results in about the same time my way.. Even if I am tempted to try out the colony.. I love ATM and I do agree they are a great company, thanks for the review!!!

your welcome :)

i am glad others enjoy my tank, makes me feel like i am doing something right.

That's a very, very bold statement. This community has some members who are quite knowledgeable.

Yes yes it is...
Here is how I see this thread (not trying to be rude in any way)

Philip: wow look at this product it's amazing, I got my brand new 75 gallon HEAVILY planted tank, with rams and its going great
General AA: I hope all things go good, rams are sensitive
Philip: fish are breeding right now, and doing great!
General AA: something about water changes (cut me a break I'm tired)
Philip: you don't know what your talking about. Here is we're i personally take offense. I know this has been said, but we as a general whole know a pretty darn lot about nitrifying bacteria.
Philip: I bet I've do e more research in the past three months then you have done in your life.
My opinion: this is where I loose my cool ill give you thre people right off the top of my head who I GUARANTEE have done way more research then you.

1. Severum mama/HN1 (owns a fishroom, sits on the BOD of the Atlanta area aquarium association, and has done countless breeding projects, etc)

2. The dragon (not the persons real name but then again I'm exhausted) owns like 18 planted tanks has done ole Ty of breeding projects, basically the whole deal.

3. River cats (considered to be the king of planted ta is around here IMO)

I think I know a lot, and let me tell you even though I've been keeping fish for 3-4 years, and have a fish room (not a massive one) I'm constantly humbled by people on this forum, and their massive amount of knowledge.

I personally think Philip had a Idea, but did not take our suggestions well, and then he spit out insults. I'm more then willing to have a good old debate but personal attacks are something far worse.

End rant

Some of the community who didn't agree with my methods were being far too pushy. Got me being defensive.

Either way its over with and doesn't need to be rehashed

Just out of curiosity who was being pushy?

Edit: I agree that it is solved now, but am just curious. Sorry for a rough greeting.

Back
Top Bottom