my filter died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loki azrial

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
has just died! I don't have another 1 and I don't have any water testing stuff and neither does my local pet shop! I've had to get 1 ordered, and to top it my fish have fin rot! all this = sad face

loki Xxx

Daily 50% water changes will keep things from getting toxic. As well, break out the airstones to keep the water moving! This should hopefully prevent any fish deaths.

ive been doin 25 % water changes they have an air stone in and fin rot medication stuff, im not gonna b able to get a filter anytime soon! so ill just have to keep changing water daily i guess, its a 65 gallon tank

Do you happen to have a sponge filter on a quarantine tank that you could use?

Do you have an air pump?
If so you can do this... Take a straight section of the inlet tube off of your filter, wrap the inlet with your filter media and secure it with a couple of rubber bands. Making sure to submerge the entire rig, feed an air stone into the tube and fire up the air pump on full blast. There, you have a make shift sponge filter. You will still have to daily water changes but at least it will help keep the water moving and keep your bio-filter alive.

hey just wanted to update n say thanx for advice, i got a test kit 2day and my tank water is fine :) and my fish seem to be gettin better! got more meds 2day though to continue treatment, still no filter as yet but all is good :) thanx again

loki xx

Back
Top Bottom