My final fish list...maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on this for my 58 gal planted. I decided that I didn't want angels or gouramis, but wanted to stick with groups of smaller fish that would be colorful and move a lot.

8 tetras, probably orange von rio
3-6 fancy male guppies (no breeding desired)
3 clown loaches
some sort of cleaning crew, suggestions? (obviously no snails!)

The aquarium is ready to go and currently has one clown loach who took care of my hitchhiking snails.

Thanks,
Kimberly

I also decided against any sharks, but I would still like some sort of pleco if that would work with the loaches.

Thanks again.

Gold Barbs.....extremely peaceful and pleasant to watch......i have 5 that school together and get along great with everyone. I'm personally not a fan of the loach as they are disease prone, delicate juveniles and you should only really keep a single after they are full grown (a shoal while young).

i have a rainbow shark with my 5 clown loaches. they get along great, in fact the shark often schools with the loaches.

I also have a common pleco in there with them. Just make sure it's at least as big as the loaches or it might get bullied

Back
Top Bottom