My first fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HannahJo

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm feeding everybody in my 72G community today and noticed some itty bitty black babies! SO CUTE! I'm assuming they are one of my dalmation molly fry. I've only seen two- I'm sure the rest got eaten- which I knew would happen. But still seeing the two swimming around today was fun! I made a little cove in the corner of my tank and put some thick plants for them to hide in. We'll see what happens! :dance: Picture of the cove, I'm calling it "Fry Town". Couldnt get a pic of the little guys....
XjECrBT.jpg

I got a pic!

Snapped a pic of one of the little frys hanging out by fry town this morning! I think I have seen 2 others- for a grand total of 3! Let's see if they make it.. :lol:
22s0h4s.jpg

Snapped of pic of one of the little squirts this morning. I have 3 in total! They are all about this size and so stinkin cute. I can't wait to see what their color looks like when they grow up- they are dalmation mollies! I have several females and they are all a little different colored! I have 1 that is mostly white, one that is mostly black and one that's in between. My male is almost all black. We'll see!
Bvh8ek9.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't feed them any special food, they must be good little scavengers! I guess that means I'm raising them to be tough. :whistle:
The tetras do a good job at population control so I'd be surprised if I see very many make it to adulthood. BUT I have so enjoyed watching these little squirts!

Update!

I have 3 dalmation molly fry that have made it! Yay! They are stinkin cute- hard to get pics of....:rolleyes: I have a super spotty dark one, a medium spotty one & my favorite little guy is almost all white with just a few spots!
MXy4ptX.jpg

zGduR3A.jpg

Nice, recently I had only 1 platy fry make it. A girl white with orange stripes, it's really fun to see little "kids" grow up and survive especially when its very small numbers and natural.

BIG UPDATE!
I finally have some platy fry! So excited! I re-scaped the tank a few weeks ago and BOOM. I had baby explosions! I have a ton of molly babies roaming around annnnnnd 2 platy babies! I have 1 painted and 1 mickey mouse. I am rooting for those little ones! I need to try and grab some pics.

Back
Top Bottom