My Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After dark I went downstairs, turned on the light to my 63, and i saw my pleco and my bala shark become startled after laying on their stomachs on the gravel. Is this how many fish sleep? I also have another pleco that is very skiddish and likes to hang out in this one top corner under the auto. feeder next to the thermometer. He never goes anywhere really and has exausted the supply of algae in that small corner he stays at. I've ever tried to chase him away to eat but he keeps coming back. He has been bypassed in size almost 2 times by the other pleco who I bought at the same time as him. I also put in algae wafers sometimes but neither seem interested or able to find them.

Also I have like 10 zebra danio/tetra, 1 bala shark, 2 pleco,what else do you think i should stock in my 63 gallon with a penguin 350.

If it's not how they sleep then mine are in serious trouble. :D Yes, I believe that's how fish sleep. When I go into the living room early in the morning before the sun rises I'll see the fish laying at the bottom of the tank, barely moving. This is a big reason why you can't keep crayfish with other fish. They tend to sleep on the bottom of the tank and will get eaten.

Well, I do think it is strange that your pleco doesn't like the algae wafers. Have you tried feeding veggies? :?

Try hanging the vegi in the corner where he likes to hang out. Just clip a raw piece of zuc on a vegi clip overnight. See if he eats it. You can tell if its a pleco eating it because it will have little perfect patterns down it. Sometimes they tend to eat straight through it.

Also, when are you feeding him? Plecos are nocturnal so I'm not surprised that you wouldn't see him out and about during the day.

Back
Top Bottom