My fish are dieing but my water levels Are ok? (:' (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.

How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

I've only had the tank for a week and the fish 3 days, the rest of my fish which include 2 more mollies, 1 more Cory, 3 african drawf frogs, and 3 bettas (female) I don't know what my levels were I had my water tested when I bought my fish at the local pet store, she said they were all normal levels, the tank is 30 gallon, the temp is currently 82 (I just cut the heater down a tad to bring it to 80) and I have a strong air pump, everything's new

I've only had the tank for a week and the fish 3 days, the rest of my fish which include 2 more mollies, 1 more Cory, 3 african drawf frogs, and 3 bettas (female) I don't know what my levels were I had my water tested when I bought my fish at the local pet store, she said they were all normal levels, the tank is 30 gallon, the temp is currently 82 (I just cut the heater down a tad to bring it to 80) and I have a strong air pump, everything's new

A week is a little soon to add fish. There hasn't been much time for beneficial bacteria to grow and for levels to quite set in yet. 80° is a tad on the hot side too, try lowering it between 74°-76°.

Couldn't it even be the Bettas killing the others?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It could but you would see some sort of damage on the fish, unless it was bullied so much it died of stress.

I just read through five articles to find this one, I think it will do a nice job explaining what happened to your Corydora and what you must do next as a responsible fishkeeper. Please take a quick read.

How do you cycle a fish tank?

In addition, the species you're keeping will be more healthy at a temperature of 76ºF

What exactly are your water parameters and how often do you change the water? Imho you should do a 50% water change immediately and go from there.

I just read through five articles to find this one, I think it will do a nice job explaining what happened to your Corydora and what you must do next as a responsible fishkeeper. Please take a quick read.

How do you cycle a fish tank?

In addition, the species you're keeping will be more healthy at a temperature of 76ºF

+1 don't worry, this happens to LOTS of folks. The articles and people here are great sources of info though. First things first, get a fresh water master test kit, then read all the instructions on how to use it. It is probably your most valuable tool in keeping your fish alive, short of water changes. Welcome to the hobby. :)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom