My fish had babies! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helloelliee

Aquarium Advice Regular
OMG guys. I just put fish in my tank like a week ago. I have platys, danios, cory catfish, 2 dwarf gouramis, and ghost catfish. okay so I've been siphoning my tank out and doing 25% water changes everyday to get my tank cycled fully. So today I started siphoning and I noticed a tiny little fish swimming around! I almost sucked him up. I noticed there was a cluster of little brown specs in one of my seashells it almost looked like a bunch of fish poop, but since I siphon my tank everyday I knew it couldn't be that, so are those the eggs? If not what do fish eggs look like? Is there any way of telling whose laying the eggs? And will my other fish eat the eggs/babies? How long does it take for the eggs to hatch? And the babies to grow? I'm scared I'll siphon them up): I've only seen one baby! my biggest fish are my dwarf gouramis and they are probably 2 inches if that. Any info can help! Thanks!:thanks:

You might want to PM an admin to move this thread to the breeding section. It may get you more responses. I don't know that all fish eggs look the same. My angels eggs are little clear/amber balls, tiny.

Hmmmm... Well by cancilation they are probably platy fry byt not sure, pics would help.

Wecome! Nd do they look like either one of these:

Attachments

• image-4024385310.jpg
    image-4024385310.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2362076670.jpg
    image-2362076670.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 73
nope neither one! They kind of look like my danios, but I didn't think they were breeders like that. I wish I could find the little guy so I can take a picture, I don't know if he's hiding or what. I don't see any eggs anywhere. I do have caves though, maybe they're in there? Or maybe in my plants? You think any of my fish will eat them?

Helloelliee said:
nope neither one! They kind of look like my danios, but I didn't think they were breeders like that. I wish I could find the little guy so I can take a picture, I don't know if he's hiding or what. I don't see any eggs anywhere. I do have caves though, maybe they're in there? Or maybe in my plants? You think any of my fish will eat them?

The adult fish will eat the babies if they're small enough to fit in their mouths.

Look like this:(danio fry)

Attachments

• image-3715847946.jpg
    image-3715847946.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 77
Yeah kind of. It had a black center almost. Who are egg scatterers? The danios? So how long does it take for eggs to hatch? Cause I've been siphoning my tank out everyday, I could suck them up):

No rasboras are, nd its fine just check for any after your finished cleaning nd grab them with a net, you have two opions then put them in another tank OR put them in a container

Danio eggs are tiny, you probably won't see them unless you are really looking for them. As far as finding a fry, it could be livebearer fry but if they are tiny, like eyelash tiny, then it could just be a newborn danio that was smart enough to hide in the gravel to avoid being eaten.

Here are 2 pics of danio eggs
img_1539520_0_3ea7ba2752a4361f2e49e7fa9ecc24e6.jpg

img_1539520_1_75d33c545e67c9e0e8d2f9a808823f84.jpg

okay I just saw him again, He does kind of look like my platys. I think my gourami swooped in and ate him though cause now I don't see him.

Have some platy babies. Had some yellow ones but think they were eaten!

Back
Top Bottom