My fish has a red dot on his lip Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeariousGeorge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon with two dwarf gourmais, 4 khuli loaches, 5 neon tetras, and three yoyo loaches that will eventually be moved to a bigger tank. My water paramaters are good. So one my dominant dwarf gourmai had a little red dot on his lip he still eats fine but today I realized the other dwarf gourmai now chases the gourmai with the red dot I dont know if its a cut or disease all my other fish are fine. Please help.

It is so difficult to tell from pics. I know of no fish disease where the main symptom is a single Red dot. As noted the problem might be an abrasion. A fungus might take root on the wound unless the water is kept pristine. The wound should mend on its own.
The red dot might also be the start of a viral cyst. No cure for those. They are not usually fatal, just ugly. I'm only giving an educated guess. As long as the Gourami is eating and swimming normally things will likely be fine. As for dominance among like fish species, it's always in a state of change due to many factors. Size and health, being the primary ones.

Back
Top Bottom