My green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely beautiful fish!!!

If a fish can go through the mail, it can go on a cozy 2-4 hour drive! I would bring a smooth river rock or piece of DW for the bag/bucket and some plants so it will feel safe and pack it for the ride if you have to drive awhile.

Maybe that lfs with the 2" one will ship? Gas costs a lot too.

Absolutely gorgeous, I've been thinking about getting the green phantom myself. I've never seen them for sale in Alberta :( here is a couple of mine

Attachments

• image-356601856.jpg
    image-356601856.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 73
He's a leopard frog pleco

Theres one at my job, theyre better looking than the butterflys imo. Also blue, im going to sell my green for either 3 juvie greens or 5 juvie blues to try my hand at breeding. Its going to be pretty sweet :) which do you think i should get?

I am in Australia and can't find one of these yet bit depressing lol

Don't feel bad I can't even find one on line:)

But i do really want one

Theres one at my job, theyre better looking than the butterflys imo. Also blue, im going to sell my green for either 3 juvie greens or 5 juvie blues to try my hand at breeding. Its going to be pretty sweet :) which do you think i should get?

Your going to sell your adult green for blue or green phantom juvies? I personally like the greens, they are a true green. The blue seems more like a grey or black. The green is just memorizing! I thought of breeding my leopard frogs but they are quite small still so I'm not sure.

When I went to the lfs to buy this pleco I originally asked for a blue. The owner (who is great) said how he no loner carries blues because he thinks they aren't that good looking.
I was disappointed until he said that he carries GREENS

At first I wasn't sure if I liked this color as much but it has really grown on me

I love the yellowish fins and the emerald color!

I think the blue is really more of an inky color and I now much prefer the green which IMO is a better looking pleco for that price range

But in the end it is your decision
(And the greens grow larger)

Back
Top Bottom