My green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your going to sell your adult green for blue or green phantom juvies? I personally like the greens, they are a true green. The blue seems more like a grey or black. The green is just memorizing! I thought of breeding my leopard frogs but they are quite small still so I'm not sure.

I was leaning towards the blues since i would be getting a larger breeding group, but i do prefer the color of the greens. I suppose if i end up with two males and one female i can look for another female.

Also, i like that they get bigger, but wouldnt it be ideal that i got a smaller species since they would feel more comfortable in a 75 tank rather than greens?

Its a tough decision.

There are also blue panaques i can try.
They look kind of dull in shops, but in a truly healthy environment (like that of breeding setups) they look absolutely beautiful. Only thing is, i question the difficulty of breeding those. They seem alot harder.

I was leaning towards the blues since i would be getting a larger breeding group, but i do prefer the color of the greens. I suppose if i end up with two males and one female i can look for another female.

Also, i like that they get bigger, but wouldnt it be ideal that i got a smaller species since they would feel more comfortable in a 75 tank rather than greens?

Its a tough decision.

There are also blue panaques i can try.
They look kind of dull in shops, but in a truly healthy environment (like that of breeding setups) they look absolutely beautiful. Only thing is, i question the difficulty of breeding those. They seem alot harder.

Ya the blue panaques are beauties but I like the blue eye panaques even more :) but I even like the green phantom better.

Panaques can be even more expensive than greens

But they are magnificent with the healthy coloration

I really like the look... but ultimately breeding is the reason im getting them. If i could find someone with experience with blue pans, then id grab them. I still have a week to decide though.

Is there any sites here that will sell to Australia no Australian sites have any

Is there any site with these for sale that will sell to Australia there are no Australian sites with them for sale

Ya they are hefty devils, I suppose not the best choice for you tank :)

So i was looking around more and another option i have are flat flyer plecos. From what i understand, they are ancistrus and have bristles. Their breeding habits are alot like bushynose plecos. HOWEVER they arent really one of my favourites. I can also try gold nuggets.

You know what im going to stop, ive jacked this thread enough already lol. Sorry

So i was looking around more and another option i have are flat flyer plecos. From what i understand, they are ancistrus and have bristles. Their breeding habits are alot like bushynose plecos. HOWEVER they arent really one of my favourites. I can also try gold nuggets.

You know what im going to stop, ive jacked this thread enough already lol. Sorry

Yah those are nice, I like the starlight pleco alot as we'll, I love the green phantom but I'd be scared they'd uproot all my plants.

Enjoying the circulation pump :)

Attachments

• image-3379407527.jpg
    image-3379407527.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2646958045.jpg
    image-2646958045.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1971580051.jpg
    image-1971580051.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 49
Back