My green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is absolutely gorgeous!

How big do they get? I've never really looked into them because of their price, but looking at him makes me want one really badly now that I got almost all my other dream plec's!

At first I was worried I was crowing the tank but in the wild they are found in crevices between boulders and such in fats flowing streams so I think I did a good job mimicking the habitat

Alright my one and only q? Where the Hell can I get one.. It'd look great in my 180

Well my lfs sold them for 60

Online the prices are pretty insane because they make you pay for shipping
(Doctor fosters, thatpetplace,aquabid)

The one place that shipped free and had it for 60 was petsolutions

Ive ordered equipment there but never live fish

They seem pretty respectable too but look at the warranties before but
Buy

I think they have a live fish guarantee or at least they should

Never done the live fish shipping thing. It's alittle hard to test but at 60$ ot better be alive.. I might go check that now

I would be very suprised if they didnt guarantee it to be alive

And just check online on how to acclimate shipped fish because i have no experience with live shipping either

Yup I cannot find these for sale anywhere, and I'm willing to pay 60 $

I am postive they had one

And i was on that site less than a month ago

Rotten luck.

any chance you live in the new jersey area lol

No. Well idk I drove down to east Rutherford for a dmb concert this Jan. And it took me like 4 and 1/2 hrs.

Ouch 4 hours

I dont know how close you are to floram park ni

The lfs there is called elys

I was in there today and he just got a 2 inch green phantom

I would go on google maps and check how long it estimates the drive is

I wouldn't drive with a fish for over 2hours

Haha yeah prob not the best idea.. And if i was gonna make that trip for fish I'd prob make it worth it.. Yeah ever since I got I to all this stuff iv realized that all my lps have some pretty boring/lame fish. It also seems like they all suck around here. Like each one close, kinda close has had one or more situations where they ultimately as a customer treated me like crap or disnt go threw with something they were supposed to..

One we reserved some Koi angels cause they were being treated.. Three weeks later after no call, I Call to See what's up and they said ohh thier still being treated.. Three weeks after that, no call. and there's still treated ones. I thought well atleast they didn't totally screw me. So i said yeah we've been waiting for one of these for weeks. They say ohh this is like the third batch we've had.. Then they proceed to. Tell me our names weren't even there for fish.. I was pissed

Im only 14 but this is by far my favorite lfs

The owner, steve, wrote the book for the freshwater aquarium. Family run for 60 years. And some crazy exotic fish. Even a zebra pleco!!

Despite being a shack off a main highway

There are some fancy fish

Right now I have him setup in a 25 with some barbs
And yeah it's got an under gravel so bring on the hate :)

He just reached 4inches so i can't wait to get a larger tank

And just a comment, this guy loves he circulation pump I have in there!

You did a great job with the set up. looks very natural.

Back
Top Bottom