My harlequin Rasbora is Turing black?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadownova

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small school of harlequin Rasboras and I just noticed that one is staring to turn black. It doesn't look sick. It seems to be the one that the others follow.
Any thoughts will help.

That little guy could be a black harlequin rasbora. I have a school of those guys. Does he have a copperish/orange head? Can you upload a photo?

Well it could also be the dominant one. I notice in cichlids that the dominant male in the tank will be darker in color. I have also noticed this on Rainbow Fish but yeah pictures would help!

Shadow,

This is what a black harlequin rasbora looks like. Does your one black rasbora look like this? I kept this fish many years ago. It's a nice alternative to the regular harlequin.

David

Attachments

• PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 144
  • PICT0098.jpg
    PICT0098.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 144
No if you were to breed a black harlie with a normal harlie it would look like mine. It is more of a silvery grey color. I have photos but don't know how to post.

how long have you had them for?? Maybe you just got a black one when you got them?

I think to upload you can upload a pic to photobucket and then go to post reply(not quick post) and I believe you just need to add the correct link into the function with the little picture with the mountains and sun.

Back
Top Bottom