My (Hopefully) good plan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,
Tomorrow I am hopefully going to PETCO to get a heater and plants and Fancy Guppies!! I'm going to get 4 female and 2 male.for food I was thinking tropical flakes twice a day and one or two times a week feed them frozen brine shrimp. Is this a healthy diet?

maddybrat said:
Hey guys,
Tomorrow I am hopefully going to PETCO to get a heater and plants and Fancy Guppies!! I'm going to get 4 female and 2 male.for food I was thinking tropical flakes twice a day and one or two times a week feed them frozen brine shrimp. Is this a healthy diet?

Variation is the key to keeping them happy & to stop them getting bored with the same food. I treat my Guppies to bloodworms a couple of times a week. I buy the frozen blister packs which seem to do the job well. Although to be honest, my Guppies will eat anything & anytime!!

So the tank isn't heated yet? I usually try to encourage letting the tank gradually heat before purchasing any fish. The stress from being netted and thrown in bags coupled with being put in to water of a different temp is usually enough to freak them out, even with acclimation.

Back
Top Bottom