Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

My House is getting Tented what can I do?

Hey guys,

I'm hoping that I can get some feedback here, and I'm sure there might be threads out there discussing this, but I have a more specific question. So my house is getting Tented. It's bad business all around, but I have a 75G and a 120G that both have fish in them, and I unfortunately don't have friends in the hobby that would be able to house the large fish in my 120G.

Terminex is using Vikane gas for treatment, and they have said that the tanks can stay (if they must) but obviously a clean air supply is going to be needed. The "information" that they gave me for aquariums only says it would need air going to the tank(s) and a separate hose to move air out of the tank. Would the hose pushing the "used" air out need a pump as well? What size hose might I need? But most importantly, Can someone recommend an air pump that would be strong enough to move air from whatever crazy distance from the house to the tank that I will have to span? It has to be able to pump in clean air. Is there a non-aquarium air pump that would work? Help!

Old 05-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

A tetra 110 for each would probably suffice for a couple days. You could get one of those big noisy cheap ones on Amazon. They dont last and make a ton of noise but it would work for your scenario. 1/4" tubing in and 3/8" tubing out. I'd get black plastic wrap and blue tape it all around to seal it up nice and put the fish and algae to bed for a bit. Less stressful if they cant see anything. Less move ment=less respiration=less nitrates. The filters?? What are you running currently? How soon is this all happening?

Old 05-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
A tetra 110 for each would probably suffice for a couple days. You could get one of those big noisy cheap ones on Amazon. They dont last and make a ton of noise but it would work for your scenario. 1/4" tubing in and 3/8" tubing out. I'd get black plastic wrap and blue tape it all around to seal it up nice and put the fish and algae to bed for a bit. Less stressful if they cant see anything. Less move ment=less respiration=less nitrates. The filters?? What are you running currently? How soon is this all happening?
It's happening on Wednesday, 6/3. We were given less than a week notice. 😑 I'm currently running an Fx5 and an Fx6. I'm hoping to keep those alive but I'm not sure how besides just taking the media out??
Old 05-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can leave the canisters running? It's a closed loop
Old 06-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Did they fumigate on schedule on the 3rd? How'd it go?

Tags
ten

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com