My lights on a 26 g..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdaisy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi is this good for a planted tank ? Low-profile canopy LED light - disperses 630 Lumens and 8,000K ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428218904.253143.jpg

Looks great! I always enjoy seeing peoples small planted tanks. Love the red mixed in as well

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your light is fine, its a 26g so you are dandy on light

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My plants were abit too junked together before. I took them all out cut and re arranged them all. I hope they make it and don't die. I hope I didn't stress them or shock them.

I have the option to get a second light strip also,should I do that? If I do do I absolutely need a c02 cartridge etc?

It says fluval sleek low profile energy efficient led (8000k / 630 lumens )

I'm not very familiar with that particular light but if it is part of a kit I'd guess it is probably in the low light range, especially on a tank that high. It is impossible to say without knowing more about the light though (such as the PAR values) but hopefully someone else who has it will chime in. Whether or not you will need co2 will depend on the plants you keep, your ultimate goals, and the strength of your light. If it is just suitable for lowtech you'll likely just be fine with basic ferts and a liquid carbon source such as Excel or glutaraldehyde.

Yuck. Tonight I added a decorative fake rock and moved a few things around & I'm really Not liking how my any it looks anymore. The plants are all mixed up and It's way too crowded and tangled. I don't want to go crazy and replant everything or stress the fish out so I'm leaving it for now. but Next week I'm taking some stuff out of there (I'm really not digging this look) whyy did I change it around ://ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429335229.139378.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429335271.320161.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429335302.019812.jpg whyy

After fussing around abit I'm pleased with the way it looks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429739472.484032.jpg now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom