my loach died today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found my loach dead and have no idea why my fish die in this type of mystery. saturday I did a 50% water change cause nitrates are in the 40's or higher like always, i change 1 out of 2 filter cartridge and next saturday I will change the other. today I find my loach dead :roll: :cry:

IMO.. changing the other filter cartridge next week is too soon. I always waited 2-3 weeks between each filter change when I used my HOB. Although I had two HOB's with two cartridges per so it was more like each cartridge every month or more. Another option is just to rinse them and not totally dispose of them. HTH

If it's a bio-wheel, you can change out both cartriges at the same time. I do it with my Emperor 400 with no problems at all.

Which loach was it, the clown? How are your other water parameters? What's the temp?

I had him for about 2 to 3 months and it was my cloan loach and yes it is a bio wheel, my other fish is find and I have 0 am and 0 nitrites.

sorry to hear that bud. mystery deaths are always unfortunate...but i suppose they're better than unmysterious deaths, because you can't blame yourself for a mysterious death!

Back
Top Bottom