My mind is blown.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I was looking in my ten gal fire bellied toad tank and I saw two little dots starin at me. After I looked closely at them, I realized that they are snails. I have no idea how they got there. The tanks been running for a few months and I've never bought any snails. I have java moss in there, but I bought it a long time ago and it was in my main tank ( which has no snails) for a few months before I put it into the toad tank. So I am at a loss for words at this point. I also found a bug like thing that looks like a cross between a shrimp and a rolly Polly. I have no idea what it is and I know I never fed them anything like that, other than some rolly Polly's.

Does anyone have any idea what they are, or how the snails might of gotten in there?

Sounds like mosquito larvae. Hard to prevent but harmless. Snails my guess would be the moss, it probably had eggs on it that didn't hatch until it was in your tank. They are also very hard to see once hatched until they get a little bigger that bring said your other tank will probably turn up with snails too.

Snails will eat virtually anything, dead plant matter, left over food, algae, etc. there is always something they can eat in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom