My molly is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flavia21

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning and found my female molly floating around the water. I tried to look back at what could have caused the death but I have no idea. Right now I moved her to a small bowl where she just lays in her side and it seems like her gills are still slowly moving. She can swim at all so I don't know what I should do. I'd rather just take a guess at what could have killed her.
Anyone want to help me out taking a guess?
I appreciate your ideas guys.

Your Mollie

I woke up this morning and found my female molly floating around the water. I tried to look back at what could have caused the death but I have no idea. Right now I moved her to a small bowl where she just lays in her side and it seems like her gills are still slowly moving. She can swim at all so I don't know what I should do. I'd rather just take a guess at what could have killed her.
Anyone want to help me out taking a guess?
I appreciate your ideas guys.

Hello flav...

If you're fairly new to the fish keeping hobby, then Mollies aren't a good beginner fish. Mollies are the least hardy of the "Livebearers", because they're extremely sensative to slight changes in the water chemistry. Large, frequent water changes are necessary and these fish have specific food requirements.

Anyway, if you want to raise "Livebearers", then Platys, Swordtails and Fancy Guppies are a much hardier fish and a better choice.

B

Were /are there any signs of illness? What are your water parameters? And what size tank etc

BBradbury said:
Hello flav...

If you're fairly new to the fish keeping hobby, then Mollies aren't a good beginner fish. Mollies are the least hardy of the "Livebearers", because they're extremely sensative to slight changes in the water chemistry. Large, frequent water changes are necessary and these fish have specific food requirements.

Anyway, if you want to raise "Livebearers", then Platys, Swordtails and Fancy Guppies are a much hardier fish and a better choice.

B

Yes I'm new to this but I've had her for half a year and she was great. She had fry and everything. But it was something all of a sudden. I do water changes frequently and I'm not sure what you mean by specific food requirements. Can you clear that out for me.
"/ I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. She was just perfect 2 days agora and she died so suddenly.

Ursi said:
Were /are there any signs of illness? What are your water parameters? And what size tank etc

I just felt like yesterday she seems to be dragging her tail as if it was weighing down on her and make it hard for her to swim. Those where the only signs. She ate normal and swam around just seemed like it was becoming difficult to swim.

My size tank is a 15 gallon. I tested my water with the strip test. It's at 0.

Back
Top Bottom