My mystery fish is a Pike Cichlid! Am I in trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattman0182

Aquarium Advice Regular
Long story short....i was at the pet store a couple months ago looking for a new fish to add to my 29 gallon. I saw a fish that go my attention. He was in with the store's upside down cats.

The person at the store could not identify him at the time because there was no label. She suggested that he was probably a docile small to medium size fish since he was in with the upside down cats.....anyway i felt sorr 4 him as she said he had been there a while........

2 days ago, armed with a pic on my phone. I chatted with the most fish savy person there and we identified "mystery fish" as a Pike Cichlid.

Really this is bad news because my current residents are : African Clawed, Upside Down Cat, and Bristlenose pleco. The Cat and Pleco stay in the driftwood intil night. The frog is very hyper and is the second biggest behind the pleco.

The pet store said they would take the cichlid back if he got too big (he probably will for my 29). He has shown no agression, but does get frenzied when I add food.

I am scared that when he gets bigger he may harm the tank mates. I know its stupid, but I am attached to him after 2 or so months....i need advice on what to do with him...or how to care for him.

He seems to be a White Pike Cichlid to be exact. no pics..ill get them when i can. He is a baby at the moment. 3 inches aprox.

i would take him back now. the longer it stays in a tank thats too small the higher chance of it being stunted.

Back
Top Bottom