My new Female Betta fish can't eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyAquatail109

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently added a female betta in my tank,and here is the scenario.When I try to feed her, my other fish come swimming like lightning bolts and leave no food for my betta to eat.Just this morning, she was lucky enough to eat one flake.Oh!And hereis the tank stock.
10 Gallon Tank;
-1 Female Betta
-3 Female Guppies
-3 Glowlight Tetras
-1 Neon tetra
-2 Silver tip Tetras

Another problem is that my betta seems peaceful with all the fish except one of the silver tip tetras.She grabbed him by the tail and it looked like she as going to kill it but she let go.The silver tip tetras are aggresive to everyfish in the tank,but I'm afraid the petstore won't allow me to return them since one looks horribly damaged.

What do I do?I can't believe I still have problems in my tank when I had fish for 11 months now.

In regards to feeding, I have several bettas in a community tank. What I do is feed the flakes to the others and then feed a few of the betta pellets to them individually once everyone has had their fill. Bettas really do need the higher protein pellets, anyway, so she may find this a potential solution. Once my bettas got used to this, they would ( and still are) coming right up and waiting for the pellets.

Target feed the betta. Drop a pellet right in front of her mouth while she's looking up at you just centimeters from the surface. When feeding anything else, drop enough of it so she can get to some of it.

David

Back
Top Bottom