My New Friends!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice - looks like you are off to a great start. Love the GBRs ~ very colorful.

:thanks: I'm really enjoying them.

I went into panic mode the other night when I couldn't find the 8th tetra. I kept counting and counting, but only ever got to 7. I did finally count all 8 and was relieved. My husband had a nice laugh over it though.;)

kuhli loaches are amazing in my opinion, i love their "dance" i have heard that kuhlis are sensitive to nitrAte and ammonia paramiters, IMO make sure your tank doesnt go through a mini cycle, aka wait a little while to get the loaches. they are so worth it :) i have 5 in my 60g. every morning i wake up to all 5 of them "dancing" :highlight of my day: :)

** your tank is beautiful!!!
- good luck and have enjoy your awesome friends

:thanks: I really love those kuhlis, but they are HARD TO FIND!! No one seems to carry them. I did call the Dallas North Aquarium and they said they might have some coming in tomorrow and to check back. I'm hoping that if they do have them and I decide to get them that my tank will be ok. It's been up and running for 3 months and I was dosing it to 4ppm.

I'll have to make a judgement call when the time comes. (Fingers crossed I make the right call)

I just hate buying fish when they first arrive due to the stress they've already been through with shipping. But I know if I don't get them when I have the opportunity, that there's a high probability that they will be sold. So, there's my dilemma. :confused:

I think its worth a shot I mean I have went though mini cycles with mine and the survived, were pretty resilient but my friend can not seem to keep all of here alive and we get them from the same place.. I guess some are just more sensitive ... just saying if you ever come across a stripped one I think they are super cool.. I have 1 stripped and 4black

I think its worth a shot I mean I have went though mini cycles with mine and the survived, were pretty resilient but my friend can not seem to keep all of here alive and we get them from the same place.. I guess some are just more sensitive ... just saying if you ever come across a stripped one I think they are super cool.. I have 1 stripped and 4black

The striped ones are what I'm hoping they will get in. I asked the guy and he thought they might have some coming in with their shipment tomorrow, but he wasn't sure. I can find the black ones fairly easy, just not the striped ones. Those are the ones I want. They are really cool looking.

Great tank. Love the rock! Looks awesome. (y)

Thanks. I actually found that "rock" at Petsmart one day while I was browsing. It's actually made from plastic, so it's not very heavy and really easy to maneuver. Ya know, in case I re-arrange my tank for the 1000th time!! :ROFLMAO:

The striped ones are what I'm hoping they will get in. I asked the guy and he thought they might have some coming in with their shipment tomorrow, but he wasn't sure. I can find the black ones fairly easy, just not the striped ones. Those are the ones I want. They are really cool looking.

It was really hard for me to find any kuhlis at all. Then I found the black ones at PetsMart and then the striped ones at an expensive high end lfs. Then finally, my local mom & pop lfs had both, so I upped my crew to a dozen mixed.

It was really hard for me to find any kuhlis at all. Then I found the black ones at PetsMart and then the striped ones at an expensive high end lfs. Then finally, my local mom & pop lfs had both, so I upped my crew to a dozen mixed.

Dallas North Aquarium said he thought they would be around 5 or 6 bucks if he got them in, but I'm not sure he really knows. I'm gonna call tomorrow before I head out there. I work about 35 minutes from home and DNA is another 40 minutes from my job. I might try to take a late lunch if they have them, that way if I do get some they won't be in the plastic bag very long.
Do you think they would be okay for about 4 or 5 hours at my office?
I have to pick up my 10 month old and then it's home, but they might be in the bag for a little bit before I can get them drip acclimated.

swimwithme said:
Ok, so far water params are still looking good.
0 Ammo, 0 trItes, 20 trAtes, PH 7.6

Here a few pics I took. Hope you enjoy! :fish1:

Absolutely stunning fish! (y)

Absolutely stunning fish! (y)

Thank You!

I love, love your SW tank. I have always wanted a SW tank, but I'm so new to tank ownership that I think I'll wait until I get a handle of the FW first :D
Oh and if I can get permission from the hubby....still workin' on that!

Wha...... huh...... we have to have a talk, girlfriend...... :nono:

:) I know...I know....He's already griping about how much I've spent and the time the tank takes. I just roll me eyes at him and go on. It's not worth it. He mostly has to give me a hard time about it because he knows how to irritate me and what buttons to push.
He asked me last night if that was all I was going to do was stare at my fish. (I was trying to count all 4 of my GBRs. I couldn't find one of the females and I was panicking) I turned around and said well, what's the use of having a fish tank if you never look at it? He shut up! :D
I can stare at those fish for hours:popcorn:It's very relaxing to me.

So, Yay!! DNA said there shipment came in and they had the panda corys and the striped kuhlis and they would hold them for me until Saturday. Woohooo :dance: Me getting some kuhlis......

kulhi loaches really are not the type that go into deco (IME) the prefer to go underneath thing, and that fake deco IMO is to sharp for their bodies.
-I would consider purchasing a piece of real drift wood.. it would IMO make them the most happy

I have filed the rough edges down. I also have LOTS of other spaces and crevices under the big rock for them to use. That's probably where they will go anyway.

Back
Top Bottom