My new set up what do you think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newkeeperotis

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my new fluval 35gal tank which is now full set up tank with my eheim 2028 canister filter I have

Fish

5 chery barbs in there 9 neons 6 harlequins 2 large shrimp 2 small bala sharks

Plants

2 juvenile amazon sword

See what u think guys

Attachments

• image-2440782731.jpg
    image-2440782731.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-741447763.jpg
    image-741447763.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image-302273178.jpg
    image-302273178.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2123835627.jpg
    image-2123835627.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image-323453085.jpg
    image-323453085.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image-777368936.jpg
    image-777368936.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 124
It looks good with the exception of the Bala Sharks. They grow fast and will reach 12".

I have been told on here balas will be okay for 6 to 12 months till I re home them I hope to get a 200 litre tank by then

They can actually grow well over a foot! A 55g is also to small. 150g is the absolute minimum.

If it's fully cycled a pair of German Blue rams might be a decent addition. They are sensitive fish though and wont survive in an uncycled tank

If you plan on getting multiple gouramies make sure you research on how to sex them. males will beat up on each other. Having a single gourami may be your best bet in that tank size.

Ps tank looks good though.

Thanks river I was planing to get 2 1 of each sex I was told that u can sex a gourami by the shape of its top fin is this correct :)

A pearl gourami would be cool, because all of the small colorful fish, then the big silver pearl. I would stay away from the dwarfs, they can be nippy and some of your fish might get beat up.

Thanks river I was planing to get 2 1 of each sex I was told that u can sex a gourami by the shape of its top fin is this correct :)

That's correct the male will have a more long and pointed dorsal fin and the female's will be shorter and rounder.

This is my new fluval 35gal tank which is now full set up tank with my eheim 2028 canister filter I have

Fish

5 chery barbs in there 9 neons 6 harlequins 2 large shrimp 2 small bala sharks

Plants

2 juvenile amazon sword

See what u think guys

Your setup is awesome

What size do the regular gourami grow to and why do they not nip fins and the dwarf ones do

By "regular" I assume you are referring to Trichogaster trichopterus, know as blue or three spot gourami, and those get to be about 5 inches. In my experience they are only aggressive towards each other. Males more than females, but my largest female chased the smaller females around. As long as each has enough space they'll be fine. They are also pretty timid so more plants would help them feel secure. Peal gourami are very similar in size, but a bit more timid. I don't have any personal experience with dwarfs so i can't answer the fin nip question sorry.

I recommend Pearl Gourami. They get 4" at full size and are about the most peaceful of the gouramis. A pair in good condition and colored up are elegant, graceful and very pretty IMO. Have some taller stem plants in a grouping that they can rest in when they get in one of their shy moods. They also get very reactive to their owner when they get comfortable in the tank. OS.

Pearls are very nice. I don't have any experience with dwarfs so I cant help you with them. My opaline is over a year and a half old. He is full grown at about 6" he is peaceful with everything in my tank from Tetras to Rams. I even have some baby mollies that I am surprised he hasn't eaten.

Back
Top Bottom