My NEW tank layout..tell me what ya think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreak77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok..this is my FINAL tank layout unless you think it too crowded or the fish won't work together. THANKS!

3 albino tiger barbs
3 green tiger barbs
2 corys
3 yellow(or blue) gouramis(2 female 1 male)

I will also have live plants in the tank. I will also have 2 rock thingys for hiding. IT is a 29 gallon. Tell me if this is alright. Thanks.

Doesn't seem over crowded to me. I would add another cory or two and 1 more tiger barb (the claim is that it is better to have an odd number in a school).

ok..WOW! so:

4 green tigers
3 albino tigers barb
4 corys
3 gouramis

that seems crowded to me but I am still learning! :D

I would just watch the barbs (might nip gouramis) and gouramis (might be territorial with each other). I would only get one of those gouramis in that size tank for minimal territorialness. If you're still getting 3 gouramis, try to get some plants that grow tall and/or some floating ones.

5 albino tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
6 corys
1 yellow or blue gourami

I increased the number for the barbs to spread out aggression, plus in those numbers they should ignore the rest of your fish. However, I didn't put the dwarf gouramis in because they are very shy and all the activity of the barbs would most likely keep them in a back corner of the tank. Very stressful. I did put 1 yellow or blue gourami because they are a bit sturdier and would make a nice "center piece." But only one because they can be aggressive toward other males and I don't think a female would have much room to get away from the male's advances. Finally, 6 cories because they love being in groups. Although I agree with the "odd number" theory, I don't apply it to cories because I've found the odd one out to always be a little smaller, and they don't seem to do well overall. This puts you a bit over in stocking, but the cories aren't very messy and if you keep up with a good weekly cleaning schedule, and stock slowly, I believe your fish will be very happy. Good luck!

I'd go with the-

4 green tiger barbs
3 tiger barbs
5 cories
3 dwarf gouramis (2 female 1 male)

And as mentioned I'd watch for fin nipping from the tiger barbs, but it should be good. It isn't overstocked. Just don't add all the fish at once.

I don't particularly like tiger barbs so I'd have-

5-7 rummynose tetras
5 Metae or 7 pygmy cories
2-3 ottos
3 dwarf gouramis (or even better a pair of german blue rams)

well, I don't want to be overstocked because I am busy so I don't clean out my tank EVERY week..(ya..bad me)..so I would rather have room to spare.

I'll most likely go with :

4 green tiger barbs
3 albino tiger barbs
4 corys(or anyother sucker fish)
2 gourami(one blue and one yellow)(both females)

Are there any other fish that clean the tank that don't ger very big? I think corys are kinda ugly..lol :D :D :D

There are plenty types of loachs you can look into. I like dojos and hillstreams.

Cories are great bottom feeders and are very active so it's fun to watch them.

As said I don't like tiger barbs :? They aren't that colorful, they are known to nip fins, and they get around 3 inchs long. I like tetras much better.

What kind of "cleaning" do you mean. Many plecos will eat algae off the glass and food that falls to the bottom but no fish will eat feces.

Back
Top Bottom