My otos aren't scared of me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm not sure if I should be jazzed about this or scared. My otos don't respond to me it seems. I've had them the longest. At first they were very skittish fish and wouldn't have anything to do with my big fleshy hands. Now it seems they could care less about them. I do so much plant work it seems they've acclimated to them poking around. I was literally able to bet the back of my Oto today and then he in turn decided to start sucking on my index finger.

Always neat to see what time can do to a fish haha.

I think my otos are the same way. Normally when I work in my tank, I kind of want my fish to get out of my way so no one gets hurt, but with my otos, I have to kind of nudge them out of the way.

My tiger barbs are the same way...stick my hand in the tank and they will all nibble on my fingers.

I like my otos, too bad they all died but one. Hard to keep alive at first. hopefully the survivor will eat soon.... I like that fish aren't scared of you it's awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom