My panda cory has friends again :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
About 3 wks ago I wrote about the mysterious rash of fish deaths that I've experienced. In the past 4 weeks I've planted the tank, treated with Maracyn 1 / Maracyn 2 (to kill any potential bacterial infection that caused all the mysterious deaths), had the temp up for 2+ weeks (saw a Platy flashing and thought the ick had returned), and recycled using Bio-Spira (antibiotics killed my biofilter). What a tough ride !

Last week I added three snakeskin guppies to the tank (after QTing them for a week) - they're doing great.

Today I added a mosaic guppy and two panda cories (Qt'd for a week).

MY PANDA HAS FRIENDS AGAIN. I've felt so bad for him being all alone, and I think he was really unhappy. He would spend hours zipping back and forth, up and down across the tank - to me it felt like he was trying desperately to find some buddies.

It took about 3 or 4 minutes for the 3 panda's to find each other and they're merrily traveling together.

I'm going to try and locate 3 or 4 more panda's tomorrow to complete the group (I would have gotten moe last week, but could only find the 2).

Oh happy day - my baby has friends again !

Hopefully I killed whatever the killer in my tank was - I'm hoping for a long and happy friendship between these three !!

Oh, joannde, that's great news! You've been through some awful tank woes. Hopefully that is behind you now and all your new fishy buddies will be around for many years! :)

That's great! It's so nice to hear someone bounce back from a set-back. We all experience them.

Now, about those pictures....

The panda's are very happily playing follow the leader - gosh I love those little cuties !

No new pics at the moment - the diatoms are back with a vengence and I have a big ole sockfull of phosguard to absorb the phosphates. But I do have pics from when I planted it on June 30th. The red rubin sword has 7 or 8 new leaves already and each of the anubia nana's on the "tree" are growing a new leaf.

Here's the link to the thread with the pics:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=81892&highlight=planted

All the decor are personally handmade ceramic pieces - including the tree

Congrats on the new fish. Glad to hear the troubles are behind you. I agree that is a great thing to hear of someone bouncing back from near disaster. The tank is looking really great. That homemade ceramic tree is really neat.

I was watching the fish today and saw <<GASP>> a small white dot at the edge of the dorsal fin of one of the panda's (the one thats been in the tank the longest - my 'survivor'). I've been doing the ANTI ICK DANCE .... it just CAN"T be ICK again ! It can't be .....
I haven't seen any of the fish flashing ... I'm really hoping that its just my imagination or an irregularity in his coloring
This would be the third heat treatment in 2 months ! at this rate these fish are going to die of old age before they're even teenagers

And thanks for the compliments on the ceramic tree -the anubias are growing new leaves already and 2 have a teeny flower. The fish really seem to enjoy picking the algae off the leaves and from between the roots.

Back
Top Bottom