My pleco died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey well about a week ago my bristlenose pleco, died. Which I had bought about 2 weeks ago... He seemed VERY shy. I know there nocturnal but he would never come out of the ornament. aswell he only went back to that one. (when and if he came out).

Then on saturday I went to the LFS and bought the 2 gouramis in my sig
2 neon dwarfs and 2 flame dwarfs. I was wondering is it possible they would cross breed, if they are male and females. TFTH

Awe..... sorry to hear that. I had a pleco that died within 2 weeks too... I swear they're just out to die on you lol it just died randomly

Oh well. Have fun with your new fishies! ^^

Well funny thing is I went to go buy a new pleco, but there were not for sale.
It had been moved to a tank that said not for sale? (quarantine or reserved?) And then I was like well since I am here might as well buy some fish that going to get eventually.

Sorry to hear about your BN Criptos. :) I think the pleco's are QT'd. I've seen this done very frequently. Fish that are "reserved" are usually marked on the outside of their existing tank.

if you bought 2 neon dwarf gouramis and 2 flame dwarf gouramis you most likely have all males. Males have a pointed dorsal fin and females have a rounded dorsal fin. But all the females i ever bought were pale silvery/grey color.. very dull. The males are the bright red/flame/blue colors. And if you have all males you are in for some major aggression problems and if you add females it will make it worse. I had 2 males together in my 55 with no problems. well one male died so i decided to get a couple of females for the leftover guy and the male was constantly chasing the females around 8O After a female died i decided to get rid of them and took them all back because of the aggression problems... especially since i have angelfish as my centerpiece. If i were gonna go dwarf gourami again, id make sure i had all smaller tetras and only one male.

Back
Top Bottom