My stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I am getting a 55 and my stock is:

1 rainbow shark, kuhli loaches ( could use some help with how many), and 2 flame dwarf gouramis, 10 tiger barbs, a bristlenose pleco, and some polka dot loaches ( help with how many).

Is this stock ok any tweaks or ideas of how many loaches.

Thanks ahead of time guys

Hey guys I am getting a 55 and my stock is:

1 rainbow shark, kuhli loaches ( could use some help with how many), and 2 flame dwarf gouramis, 10 tiger barbs, a bristlenose pleco, and some polka dot loaches ( help with how many).

Is this stock ok any tweaks or ideas of how many loaches.

Thanks ahead of time guys

Changed tank size to 75 gallon

Tiger barbs are nippy, so i would scratch those off. And the rainbow shark MAY be aggressive.

Tigers are definitely nippy under circumstance, i think nippy could be an understatment at times. Ive witnessed some quite bad aggression a couple of times at the lfs, but then thats at the lfs in 10gallons in small numbers. I actually think it could work in a 55 with the right number and enough space. You could always try it and take them back if theyre being ****** Ive never kept them but definitely would have if i hadnt of witnessed that sort of behavior near to when i was starting my first tank. Theyre nice looking little fish and can see their appeal.

Tiger barbs are nippy, so i would scratch those off. And the rainbow shark MAY be aggressive.

Glad that you put emphasis on the word may. I bought one, not knowing how aggressive they can be, but I was lucky. I have had it about a year and no major aggression. It chases fish away that get too close to it for too long, but it turns an goes back to eating or whatever it was doing.

So how many kuhlis and polka dots should I put if I get the 75 gallon

I would like to get banded kuhli loaches and polka dot loaches

If you want to switch to something else because the tiger barbs are too nippy, I would highly suggest a school of 10 Odessa barbs. They are far more colorful (imo) and they aren't nearly as aggressive.

If you want to switch to something else because the tiger barbs are too nippy, I would highly suggest a school of 10 Odessa barbs. They are far more colorful (imo) and they aren't nearly as aggressive.

Do the tiger barbs get more aggressive as they get older? I have some but they don't bother anything else in my tank. I do plan on giving them a bigger tank in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom