my stocking options =]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i am dead set on the clown pleco just the rest i am not sure about, but my other choices are:

1- school of tiger barbs ( green or regular )

2- male betta
- celebes rainbowfish ( 3-5 )

3- school of celebes rainbowfish ( 6 )

4- 3-5 female bettas

5- school of cories
- school of tetras ( theres a bunch so i would have to take a look )

so please help =]

Tetras come in so many varities though :) I always am a fan of the cories, and rainbowfish are nice as well. Maybe you should check out www.aqadvisor.com . They tons of options fish wise, you can put them into your stock list and see it you like the looks of it there. i use it generally to stock, then I come back on here and double check :)

Oh, are tetras and cories in the same category? That's a tough one... I think it's have to go with cories...

I don't think they would fight, they all are peaceful. I have heard of a couple times where plecs got mean but I highly doubt that would happen.

Plecos should never really be aggressive. (I don't think). I guess when the commons get huge, they start needing meat, but I don't think so in the dwarves. Plecos (and cories) would be defensive in nature (spines on fins) and don't really have any real way of offensively attacking. My experience with plecos is that they could really care less what other fish are doing, and as long as cories have their school, they're happy.

Plecos should never really be aggressive. (I don't think). I guess when the commons get huge, they start needing meat, but I don't think so in the dwarves. Plecos (and cories) would be defensive in nature (spines on fins) and don't really have any real way of offensively attacking. My experience with plecos is that they could really care less what other fish are doing, and as long as cories have their school, they're happy.

yes what he said lol. I would find it very interesting if they fight!

What are the measurements for your tank? Are breeder tanks longer than average? I'm off to suggest a stock for you , so if the tank size is wrong it's because I have no clue lol

I'm not sure, the only breeder I know of is the 40. It's a lower tank with a larger footprint, so generally a better tank overall (in that size of tanks) as believed by alot of people.

Going by the stock choices, I believe he probably has maybe a 20L or a 29?

Wouldn't there be some territory issues with them all being near the bottom? To me it's too much monotony. I need things moving all around the tank lol. That is if the tetras aren't included but even then my tetras usually stay near the bottom

edit nvm I see the error of my ways. Lol

The only territoriality I've heard of is when bristlenoses breed, and I think the extent of that is raising of spines, and if something tried to get into the cave/driftwood, it would probably thrash, and probably cause a good amount of damage.

If I ever saw a cory being aggressive or hurting anything on purpose, I think I would cry...

AquStockImage.php

First off, I wasn't sure what kind of cories you are thinking so I just put pandas in.

Secondly, you could switch the cherries out for tigers if you wanted, according to AQ they cannot coexist together (cherries and tigers) but it is AQ so this is why I always double check. And I mean AQ Advisor ont Aquarium1 lol.

Also, your stock is only 76% according to this, which is actually pretty conservative so you could even add another small school of something or give or take as you please.

Also, I made odd numbers since it has been going around lately that the fish will do better in odd numbers :) IDK this for sure yet but I would do it JIC

that sounds like a nice list, but mine is a 20g high tank =] as for the cories, most likely albino cories since that is the only type my LFS has... all 4 of them!

Like I say in every single stocking thread in the past few weeks (has to be at least 6...) I think it's better to have one or two large schools than 3-5 small schools. I don't think my cories started being active until I got aroun 8 of them (they like to split off into groups of 2-4, and lately have been all about the tank (they do little group reverse dives, almost choreographed, (where they all sprint to the top of the tank) in max groups of 4, and it's really cool. and they're the most socialable fish I've had. You don't get to see the real "personalities" of schooling fish, until you get more than 6 imo, and it really comes out as you add more. I'd love to see a 2000 member cory school.. I think they'd go crazy jumping out of the pond and stuff.

Here'd be my stocking list going with the earlier assumptions

Aqa is being fishy, and says this is only 66%... If you're following my posts, it may seem like I'm suggesting the same thing every time.. because I am :p

http://aqadvisor.com/AquStockImage....00909300155:,15:200909300039:,1:200909300046:

I'm also wondering how a large group of cardinals would act with a small group of tiger barbs? I think the cardinals would be able to "outsmart" a smaller group of tiger barbs, and they would school very closely as a protective measure. (assuming the tiger barbs wanted to chase them) It's kind of the opposite of adding dither fish, where you create a false threat, and watch how they react. I'm also assuming no permanent damage will occur, but on a large scale, it would be interesting to see.

20H gives you more options as in zoning, but less per zone. I don't have much experience with zoning high tanks, but personally, I'd want cories on the bottom, cardinal tetras in the middle-lower regions, and maybe some sort of smaller peaceful rainbow in the top area.

that sounds like a nice list, but mine is a 20g high tank =] as for the cories, most likely albino cories since that is the only type my LFS has... all 4 of them!

it says 30g breeder in your tanks lisst.... you might want to change that lol

Back
Top Bottom