My tank has been taken over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAGlocker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I finally broke down and actually built a co2 diffuser to put inline on the xp1 I am running on the 29 gal tank. not only did I have to cut back on the amount of diy co2 i was using, my plants are now growing out of control. I went from trimming them back once ever week or two, to trimming them at least twice a week. So I guess i learned my lesson on co2 in a high light tank....it sure makes the plants take off. not only that, but now I am having to dose my ferts alot more often to keep up with the demand the plants are putting on them, heck I have even had to start adding nitrates...which is a first for me. but i must say i love it....they pearl like crazy every day, and i love that my tank has filled out with plants, gives all my fish some thing to play in, or a way to get away from the more agressive of the fish. just though i would say something for those who are wondering if its worth spending the $10 to build a inline diffuser, i would say yes. you would be amazed at the increase you get on the co2 levels in your tank and your plants will thank you.

That is excellent! I agree that with high light and CO2 you certainly get good plant growth, but it makes the tank require much more attention and testing to be sure dosing is correct. It is good to be aware of this before embarking on such a project, because some people do not have the time or inclination to keep up with the testing and dosing. I am with you, though - I love it too! It is very rewarding to see the growth and the pearling. :D

Back
Top Bottom