My Tank Is Foaming!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home from work and my 10 gal tank was overflowing with bubbles at the top of the water!! What is going on??? I added a new decoration could that be the problem?

i rinse them with water and since i bought it off a friend who said he hasn't used it in 2 years, after rinsing it i had it sitting in the sun for 2 hours to bake/kill off any possible bleach contaminants then re-rinsed with plain tap water

it was a rock formation and the tank has been cycling for almost 2 months and it just started doing this today. I'm not taking chances, im relocating the three fish in there and doing a 50% pwc. all perameters read normal except alkalinity is a little high

it was a rock formation and the tank has been cycling for almost 2 months and it just started doing this today. I'm not taking chances, im relocating the three fish in there and doing a 50% pwc. all perameters read normal except alkalinity is a little high

When you say rock formation do you mean an artificial one or real rock? If it's real then a porous type of rock might be the source of your problem. I would definitely go ahead with the water changes. Since you are in the position where you can relocate your fish I would continue to do pwc's and monitor the condition. Also continue to watch your pH (as well as your other parameters). Live rock is solely a saltwater feature. I'm assuming that this rock did not come from a saltwater tank.

this is artificial rock formation but it WAS in a SW tank. think thats the problem. i figured after 2 years and a good rinse it would be fine :/

I don't have a lot of saltwater experience so I can't say how long is long enough. I would recommend boiling the decor in regular chlorinated water (that is to say soaking it in very hot tap water) and then soaking it in dechlorinated water (add the dechlorinator to the soak water). That should eliminate any possible contaminates (IMHO).

I appreciate it ohneil. I moved the fish over to another tank and conducted a 40-45% pwc. I'm going to let it cycle for a day and do it again tomorrow and hopefully bubbles will disperse. All levels were actually good but i don't want to take any chances. I won't chance the lives of my friends.

ok so i moved a female rosy barb over to thecommunity tank and now a male swordtail and male guppy is trying to mate with her. lol Can they succeed at this??

Back
Top Bottom