my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is fine since you have planned for the clown loach, which btw prefer company. Make sure you give him to someone that has room for them and has other clowns. The tank isn't overstocked IMO.

I do not think you are overstock at all. Except for the clown which you already know. You might want to get 2 more ottos they like to be in groups.

Clowns get too big. You said you may be giving the clown away, which your tank would be ok then. But clowns get way too big. But you can get more hatchets and ottos. Unless you are willing to get a much bigger tank, then I'd find a good home for your clown loach.

In the first post you say 9 tetras, I only see 6 in your sig. If they are 3 each of 3 different species, I'd suggest giving up 2 of the species and have 6 of one of them. Should do the same with the cories but could go with 4-6 of the species. Give away the clown loach. Get 4 more hatchets and 2 more ottos.
The list after that would be:
6- of 1 species of whichever tetra you choose
4-8- of 1 or 2 species of whichever cories you choose
6- silver hatchets
3- ottos

That would be a nice 30 gal IMO.

do you guys think I'm over stocked? most of my fishes range from 1/2 inch to 2 inches tops.

I'd go with at least a 75g because that Leporinus will get to 11-12". Unless you can find a 60g that's at least 48" long and 18" wide.

And you may want to find a new home for the red claw crab because they are a brackish water species and don't live too long in freshwater.

Don't crabs need a spot to get out of water as well?
Kaz, why do you want to know how long they live? I think an average of the ones you have would be about 4-5 years but that's a guess.

I have plants that reach the surface were my crab climbs to and stays for a bit. just wondering how long im going to have my fishes for.

Well, killies are very short-lived. The gouramis, tetras and leporinus will probably be the ones that live the longest, given no accidents, good diet and water quality.

I have found two tanks one is 48x17x17 something like that for 55.00usd with hood and lights and the other is 69.00usd with hoods and lights and i do not know the mesurements will find out tomorrow though what filters can be added and should i get more fish and pool sand with it?

Back
Top Bottom