My Tank's Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smurph27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 36 gallon bow front tank and was wondering what you guys thought of its stock. Currently my fish are:
1 red tail shark
1 yo yo loach
1 silver angelfish
1 black ghost knife fish
1 betta
1 columbian catfish
2 bala sharks
3 black skirt tetras

Eventually I would like to swap out the tetras for 2 rainbow fish and 2 dwarf gouramis. Is my tank too full? And yes I am aware I will need an upgrade for a few of my fish.

So I have a 36 gallon bow front tank and was wondering what you guys thought of its stock. Currently my fish are:
1 red tail shark
1 yo yo loach
1 silver angelfish
1 black ghost knife fish
1 betta
1 columbian catfish
2 bala sharks
3 black skirt tetras

Eventually I would like to swap out the tetras for 2 rainbow fish and 2 dwarf gouramis. Is my tank too full? And yes I am aware I will need an upgrade for a few of my fish.

Not only is it too full, the numbers are all off. Bala sharks and tetras like groups of five or more. The rainbows you want to swap the tetras for also like groups of five or more. Loaches like groups. And like you said, you'll need a huge upgrade for your fish. I'd suggest rehoming the red tail and bala sharks, knife fish, and catfish unless you have a 250+ gallon tank waiting and reworking your shoal numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For my numbers, I went with what my local fish store told me would be ok. And all my fish are still really small so space is not a big issue currently. I am waiting for the summer to get a 75-100 gallon for the bala sharks and knife fish. I am probably going to have to get rid of the columbian shark because it needs brackish water.

Your pet store was just trying to sell you fish, most likely. The 75-100 still won't be big enough for the bala sharks. But do whatever you want, hopefully more people will join in on this.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom