My two setups....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which setup?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Other

• Total voters

erik7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Talked to some people, and I've got a few "layouts" of what fish to put in. Please vote, or make other recommendations! Thanks

SETUP #1
  • 1 - Angel Fish
    6to8 - glo-light tetras (or similiar school)
    1 - Blue Ram
    1 - Bolivian Ram
    1 - Bottomfeeder/Pleco

SETUP #2
  • 1 - Angel Fish
    6 - Corries
    6 - Glolight tetras
    1 - Blue Ram

I do not have the tank yet, but I will be getting a 25 gallon, with at least 20" high to give the Angel plenty of room. I'm not sure of pH levels yet, but I've been told our water is average around 6-7.

I like the second the bets but i put other becuase i think you should have a pleco in the list.. but of course i hate scrubbing algae and i love my pleco.

i like the second list better, if you decide to get the pleco make sure to get a small pleco such as a Clown or BD Pleco, they are nice :D

Glo-light tetras would be snacks when the angels got bigger, and rams are better as a pair (of the same type). Most bottom feeders seem to do best in small groups, too.

I'd skip the angels though, a 25 gallon really doesn't seem big enough for them.

I would skip the angel also. It could be a fluke but I had one by itself and it got really mean. If you do go with the angel, I would not put the glow lights in with it. If they don't get eaten, they would still probably get picked on. I would go with a couple of rams, a plec (one that stays small), and the glo-lights.

Thanks for the opinions all.

I was looking to get the angel as a centerpeice. I dont want any of my fish to become food.

So if I scratch the angel, get an additional ram (possiblty either 2 blue or 2 bolivian, I like them both), with the glo-lights, what would a good centerpeice be?

I think the tank is a bit little for an angel.. I would recomend 2 rams.. and bitbull pleco would be on my small pleco list as well.. :p

Back
Top Bottom